Meet Dr. Richardson
It is with great joy that I am able to announce that West Seattle Natural Medicine Clinic is not closing! Dr. Krystal Richardson, a friend and colleague, has bought the clinic, thus providing the stability and energy that we needed after a tumultuous 2020. Many of you have trusted our clinic with your healthcare since 1987 and some of you have just started seeing our clinicians. My sincere hope is that you stay with us. Rest assured that we are not going anywhere and will continue to provide personalized naturopathic care for the whole family! I first met Dr. Richardson during her residency with my friend Dr. Tamara Cullen Evans. She went on to purchase that practice from Dr. Evans. I can’t imagine a person better suited to take over the helm of WSNMC as she is an excellent clinician and a trusted business owner. She and our team of doctors will continue to provide the care to which you have become accustomed. Please support me in wishing Dr. Richardson a warm welcome!
Thank you for your continued support of our clinic.
Dr. Katherine Oldfield
To answer your questions:
- Dr. Richardson will provide care five days / week.
- You can login and schedule using the same ChARM account. Nothing will change. Click here to login and book today!
- You can purchase supplements at the clinic or through Fullscript.
- We will continue to provide vaccines.
- If you have filled out a records request for your records to be transferred, you don't have to leave. Your entire file is intact as we only send a copy.
Does Dr. Richardson accept medical insurance? YES!
- Dr. Richardson is contracted with all the same insurers as our other doctors AND accepts Kaiser PPO and Aetna. Please tell your friends and family!
How soon can I book?
- Dr. Richardson’s first day is Wednesday January 13th. She will be available to see patients in person at West Seattle Natural Medicine on Wednesdays and Fridays. All other days of the week she will be available for telehealth visits from 8am-5pm.
- Please email email@example.com or login to ChARM and message Dr. Richardson.
The longer story…..
- 1983-1990: Robert Barry, ND: Founded by Robert Barry, ND, a former Boeing engineer who was part of Bastyr University’s first graduating class of naturopathic physicians.
- 1990-1997: Amy Lind, ND: Amy Lind, ND, a Bastyr naturopathic (1989) and midwifery (1990) graduate purchased the practice from Barry. In 1992 she brought in a second naturopathic physician, Jeana Kimball, ND, LM. For a two year period, both Kimball and Lind delivered children under their midwifery licenses before choosing to focus solely on their medical practices.
- 1997-2002: Jeana Kimball, ND: Starting in August 1997, Kimball began to participate as a credentialed provider in the insurance contracting which followed the passage of the state’s “every category of provider” mandate. The practice matured from the uncertainties of a cash-practice and increasingly became part of the mainstream payment and delivery system. While less than 5% of patients had any insurance coverage of naturopathic medicine in 1996, by late 1999, over 80% had at least some portion of their care paid by third parties.
- 2002-2021: Katherine Oldfield, ND: The 2002-2017 years in the practice were marked by the most significant growth of any owner as the clinic grew from one doctor, one front desk staff member, one phone line and one computer in the back room that had no internet to the current multi-doctor model in a modern clinic.
- 2021-present: Dr. Krystal Richardson, ND: Traffic congestion and a broken bridge won't be a barrier to excellent naturopathic care under Dr. Richardson's ownership as she and her team of doctors see patients in West Seattle, Fremont and Downtown.